Terms & Conditions
This website is owned, maintained and made available by Mayglothling Waste Ltd. Yaidon, Penrhos, Kington, Herefordshire, HR5 3LH, United Kingdom.
MAYGLOTHLING WASTE LTD. GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF CONTRACT
1. In the interest of safety, it is the customer’s responsibility to inform staff on site of any underground services e.g. electric, water or gas. In the event of accidental damage to any such service, claims for damage, consequential loss or disruption cannot be entertained and costs of repairs will be passed to the customer. Extra cost incurred negotiating/avoiding such services not included for in our quotation, will be
charged to the customer. In the interest of safety whilst work is in progress people, children & pets should be kept away from machines & excavations.
2. It is the customer’s responsibility to obtain permission to enter onto and agree any compensation and reinstatement for work carried out on neighbours land or land not owned by customer. We reserve the right to charge standing time if work is held up by disputes between the customer and any other party.
3. If a customer insists or agrees to proceed with any urgent works when weather conditions are unfavourable e.g.; snow, frost, wet, no claims for damage will be entertained. Reinstatement at a later date will be charged extra.
4. If during excavation by machine or hand, rock, concrete or similar hard material or contaminated liquids or solids are struck we reserve the right to charge extra for their removal, disposal and any associated costs. If for any reason excavations, trenches require any sheeting and bracing, trench box, shuttering or supports etc. this will be charged extra.
5. Emptying drains, septic tanks or similar receptacles to allow work to proceed is charged extra. Pumping, tankering or over pumping of groundwater sewage or any liquid from excavations, drains etc is charged extra unless otherwise agreed in writing.
6. Whilst every effort will be made to carry out the work with minimum disturbance or damage to gardens, no claim is accepted for travelling over roads, paths and lawns or for damage to anything growing in the garden e.g. plants, shrubs, vegetables or grass etc. Our quotes allow for raking down excavated areas on completion. Grass seeding or turfing is charged extra unless agreed otherwise in writing.
7. It is to be appreciated that excavations result in surplus material. Our quote does not include the cost of removing this from the immediate area of work, but that it should be lost in that area by arrangement with the customer. Any removal off site to be charged extra. In the event of a customer wanting to use his or her own transport for the transport or the movement of the material, and for any reason this arrangement delays the normal process of work, standing time for men and machines will be charged accordingly.
8. In the event of the customer making his or her own arrangements with any land owner, or person, for the disposal of excess excavated materials onto their land, no claims for damage or illegal tipping will be entertained by us. Any delay to progress/completion of work as a result of customers using their own equipment, materials, labour etc, will be charged extra for.
9. After back filling and making good excavations including road crossings at time of the initial works, we do not accept responsibility for further reinstatement at a later date. Any further reinstatement, e.g. under the New Roads and Street Works Act or for any other reason would be quoted for and charged extra.
10. A free water supply may be required for the duration of the contract.
11. Terms of payment. Unless otherwise agreed with Mayglothling Waste Ltd, a written order is required from the customer with payment of 30% of quoted price. The remaining balance is to be paid on completion of the work. Mayglothling Waste Ltd reserves the right to require payment in advance of any work being carried out. Interest of 4% over bank rate will be charged on overdue accounts and outstanding balances from the expiry date of our credit terms. Title of Goods & Services and the right to remove them remains with Mayglothling Waste Ltd until payment is received in full. Please note that all deposits are non-refundable unless otherwise agreed.
12. Guarantee / Warranty: Mayglothling Waste Ltd does not manufacture the equipment supplied, which means that the warranty covering it is that offered by the manufacturer from the date of installation. Copies of the manufacturers’ warranties are available from Mayglothling Waste Ltd. It is our policy to deal with reputable manufacturers. The warranty does not include for the cost of disconnection, removal, cleaning or transport from customer’s premises to the manufacturer or to our workshop, or the cost of return and refitting. These costs will be charged to the customer. Any goods or parts supplied as replacements for defective ones are guaranteed for the unexpired residue of the manufacturer’s guarantee from the date of purchase of the originals.
13. Soak-aways. Due to the unpredictable nature of underground water levels, watercourses, ground conditions, weather, climate change, quality and quantity of effluent etc we do not guarantee any kind of soak-away we install or those cleaned by our jetting service.We recommend a soil porosity test is carried out, which is charged extra, before installing any soak-away.
14. Ownership of any plant equipment on site or installed for the contract shall remain the property of the contractor until full and final payment has been made by the customer.
15. If during the excavation work, by machine or hand, running sand, mud or any material which is unsuitable for supporting the intended construction is encountered, we reserve the right to charge extra for any additional costs incurred in dealing with or overcoming the problem.
16. We reserve the right to charge extra for any variations of the agreed plan made after the acceptance of our quotation. Also we cannot be responsible for any variations requested by the customer that will have a detrimental effect on the plant or works carried out.
17. Sewage Treatment Plants & Pumps should be serviced & desludged regularly in accordance with manufacturer’s recommendations. We can carry this out for you. Our charge for this does not include for the cost of replacement parts & fittings.You will be advised if any parts or fittings are required & a written order is requested before fitting. We do not accept any claims where Treatment Plants or Pumps have not been serviced and desludged in accordance with manufacturer’s recommendations.
18. Bottle type septic tanks and other GRP sewage receptacles must be filled with water during installation. Where an adequate water supply is not available water will be tankered in at an additional charge.
19. Mayglothling Waste Ltd may not accept any liability for negligence with surveys, reports, designs or work carried out for customers. Claims and details of performance capabilities and design criteria of septic tanks, treatment plants, pumps etc. given to customers are provided by manufacturers and are not guaranteed by Mayglothling Waste Ltd. Due to having no control over the consistency and composition of waste entering treatment plant and frequency of maintenance we are unable to guarantee their performance.
20. Customers making insurance claims or grant applications will be invoiced in the normal way and will be expected to pay in accordance with our normal credit terms and conditions, irrespective of arrangements with their insurers or grant providers unless this is a UKDP case. Delays in settlement of insurance claims are not accepted as reasons for exceeding our credit terms and we do not accept any responsibility for chasing insurers or grant providers for payment to customers. Mayglothling Waste Ltd will consider orders and payment directly from Insurers.
21. Customers specifying suppliers of sewage plants, pumps or materials. In the event of the specified supplier not delivering on time or failing to supply or perform for any reason whatsoever, Mayglothling Waste Ltd reserve the right to charge for any additional costs incurred as a result.
22. Queries of our invoice, work or workmanship will only be accepted for up to seven days after date of our invoice.
23. New electrical equipment will be connected to existing power supplies. Such power supplies must comply with all standards prior to connection. Although Mayglothling Waste can complete electrical surveys and upgrades, it is the customer’s responsibility to ensure power supplies are sufficient and compliant.
24. Mayglothling Waste can complete all associated works. Any apparatus only partly installed by our staff cannot be commissioned, and will therefore carry no warranty.
25. Customers cancelling orders after sewage plants, equipment etc. have been ordered by Mayglothling Waste Ltd from manufacturers, will be charged for the sewage plant, equipment etc.
26. This quotation does not include for any main contractor discounts or retention. Quotations are valid up to 60 days.
27. In some cases Local Authorities may require Planning or Building notification prior to the installation of new equipment. It is the customer’s responsibility to enquire about and/or satisfy any Local Authority requirements before works commence. Mayglothling Waste Ltd accepts no responsibility for any breach of Planning/Building Regulation law, Environment Agency consents or exemptions.
28. For our part every effort will be made to carry out the work to your satisfaction in order that you will use our services again in the future. We provide the following very reliable 24-hour services. Septic tank emptying and engineers servicing of sewage plants and pumps. Jetting and CCTV surveys. House buyers and sellers reports. Analysis.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF CONTRACT (SALE ONLY)
29. All equipment supplied by Mayglothling Waste Ltd. is subject to the manufacturer’s warranty. Copies can be provided on request.Mayglothling Waste does not manufacture any product supplied.
30. Manufacturers’ warranties are subject to their conditions of contract, and apply from the date of purchase. Such warranties do not include for collection, delivery, cleaning or any on-site works. These may be charged to the customer at an additional rate.
31. Payment: Normal terms are payment by return unless otherwise agreed in writing. Interest of 4% over base rate is charged on overdue accounts
32. Customers making insurance claims will be invoiced in the normal way and will be expected to pay in accordance with our normal credit terms and conditions, irrespective of arrangements with their insurers or grant providers. Delays in settlement of insurance claims are not accepted as reasons for exceeding our credit terms and we do not accept any responsibility for chasing insurers for payment to customers. Mayglothling Waste Ltd will consider orders and payment directly from Insurers.
33. Queries regarding faulty goods or poor workmanship will only be entertained if raised within 5 days of purchase.
34. Mayglothling Waste will endeavour to deliver goods on time and in good condition. Mayglothling Waste take no responsibility for late deliveries.
35. Mayglothling Waste cannot be responsible for equipment that is not fit for purpose if it has been specified by others. Any specifications made by Mayglothling Waste are totally reliant on information supplied. In the event of such information being incorrect, Mayglothling Waste cannot be held accountable.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF CONTRACT (HIRE)
36. During the continuance of any hire period, the Hirer (customer) shall be liable for the cost of all loss or damage to any equipment except for reasonable wear and tear.
37. In the event of loss or damage to any equipment, hire charges shall continue to be charged until such time and date as full payment is received in respect to the loss or damage. 38. Mayglothling Waste reserve the right to charge for cleaning of equipment returned in a dirty condition.
39. Every effort shall be made to ensure that equipment is available for pre-booked items, although this cannot be guaranteed.
40. For items to be collected or delivered by Mayglothling Waste, a minimum of 24 hours notice is required.
Customer satisfaction is very important to us and we assure you of our best attention in order that you will continue to use our services and recommend us to others. Mayglothling Waste is a family-owned business and has traded successfully for over 35 years. The above conditions do not affect your statutory rights.