For those looking to buy or sell a property in the near future, compliance with the GBR is a much more pressing issue as the status of your septic tank will be reviewed prior to completion.
If you are purchasing a property with a septic tank, you need to make sure it complies with the new rules. If you are selling a property, you must provide the new owner with the following information:
- A full description of the septic tank and drainage field
- The location of the septic tank and drainage field
- Details of any changes made to the septic tank or drainage field since its installation
- Details of the maintenance required for the septic tank
- Records of maintenance that you’ve had done to the system. You must keep these for 7 years
To ensure your septic tank is compliant before completion, call today: 01544 230 364