Waste Management and Environmental Policy
The Mayglothling Waste Ltd Waste Management and Environmental Policy comprises the following statements of Principles and Intentions, which apply to all activities.
- We are committed to the provision of Provision of waste, drainage and electrical services to customer requirements within the UK comprising of specialist services, Provision of waste collection and transfer services. Emptying of septic tanks and sewage treatment. Water jet cleaning of septic tanks. Emergency septic tank spill response. CCTV drain investigations, cleaning and repairs. Installation, service, provision of spares and repair of septic tanks, pumps bespoke sewage treatment plant and reed beds. Hire of portable toilets and washroom facilities. Electrical installations and repairs.
- We recognise that our activities result in both direct and indirect impacts on the environment.
- We are committed to minimising the impact of our operations on the environment by means of a programme of pollution prevention and protection of the environment whilst ensuring continuous improvement in our environmental performance.
- To comply with all relevant environmental legislation and regulations, and with all other codes of practice and industrial standards to which we subscribe, including ISO 14001: 2015.
- To implement industry waste management and environmental best practice where
- To set waste management and environmental objectives and targets, and to implement an action plan, addressing those aspects of our activities that have significant environmental impacts.
- To minimise the amount of waste we dispose of by seeking to recover through re-use or recycling as much as is economically practicable and ensuring that the remainder is disposed of properly.
- To minimise the use of energy, water and other materials through monitoring and increasing
the efficiency of use.
- To communicate to our employees, customers and suppliers our policy and achievements in improving our waste management and environmental performance.
- To encourage the involvement of our staff in matters which have a bearing on the environmental impact and for the staff to accept responsibility for acting in accordance, maintaining, and where possible, reducing the environmental impact within the scope of their function.
- To review periodically our objectives, targets, action plans and overall environmental performance.
Managing Waste Responsibly
At Mayglothling, we understand the negative impact of irresponsibly disposing of waste. We take responsibility to ensure all waste collected is disposed of in an environmentally friendly way. We even have our own commercial Sewage Treatment Plant that turns waste into water fit for our rivers.Environmental Ethos